Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Updates

Guess it has been almost a week since my last post. Whoops! The days just seem to fly by.

Last Wednesday Jacob and I went up to Oak Glen for a picnic with the mom's group. It was much nicer up there with a wonderful breeze. It was hard to leave. I could have stayed up there all day. Jacob had a blast playing around with the other kids and exploring in the grass.

He loves leaves and was in heaven with these huge ones!


I had an OB appointment last Thursday and all is well with Baby. I can't believe I am 18 weeks already! I need to have Alan take another belly picture. Some of my regular shirts are starting to get a little short. :P

For dinner Friday night we went to Cafe Sevilla, a Spanish restaurant in Riverside. Jacob was so good and really enjoyed trying the different foods. He loved the olive bread with tomato sauce, dates stuffed with blue cheese and grilled vegetable paella. Yummy!

Saturday we just hung around home doing chores and enjoying the cool, autumn weather. It was one of those days where you just want to curl up with a book and a mug of something warm. Now it is hot again. Boo!

Alan is on Fall Break (or study days as it is technically called) - just today and yesterday. Yesterday we went out to Temecula on a Faculty Club outing to do some wine tasting. Well, they tasted. I was just the designated driver. It worked out perfectly for me to go as my mom took this week off since my grandma and aunt are visiting. Jacob stayed with them yesterday and got lots of attention!

At Cougar Winery we got a little tour. They are a very small operation and do much of the wine-making process by hand. They have these big bins full of grapes that they have to stir around periodically. We each got a turn at mixing up the fruit.


I was told I have nice technique. Guess I missed my calling. :P


Here is a random picture taken today. I went grocery shopping and Jacob 'helped' me unload. Alan stuck him in a bag and picked him up. He thought it was so fun!



Today I got the house cleaned. A rarity. I usually pick at it all week, but since Alan was home I could do it all in one shot. I still have some big things that I want to get done, but at least the basics are done. :) After I finished cleaning, Alan finished up some landscaping projects in the front yard. We now have all the beds planted. YAY! I'll have to take some pictures. The grass came in so nicely. It is so green and soft! Can't wait until it is a little cooler outdoors so Jacob and I can play in it in the afternoons.

I haven't written much lately as to what Jacob is up to these days. He is learning so many new things! He now signs 'milk' every morning when he is ready for it. Well, he usually starts crying and when we ask what he wants, he does the sign. He also signs 'more' during meal times. It is so cute!



His latest obsession is climbing. We are in SO much trouble when he learns how to get up on the couches! When he is on the love seat he climbs up on the arm, stands on it and tries to grab Alan's papers off his desk. Last night we had a folded up pack-n-play by the love seat and he used it to climb up. Fortunately I was sitting there and could supervise. Today he was on the couch watching Alan mow the grass and he tried to stand on the window sill! Again, I was sitting right there, but the silly boy makes me nervous!

Oh, and the napping is much better now. No screaming or refusing them altogether! He is getting up before dawn - between 5:00 and 5:30, but at least he falls asleep in a timely manner.

2 comments:

Steven, Sara, Zachary and Andrew said...

I'm glad all is well with the baby :) I don't know how you get up so early with Jacob!! Zach usually sleeps till at least 8. He woke up at 7 this morning and I was complaining! I guess I won't complain about 7 anymore :)

Jill said...

I feel so bad about your super early mornings. I was pumped when Maddie finally went from waking up at 5 or 5:30 to 6 or 6:30. I will continue to be thankful for that! I love the pictures and video.