Thursday, October 16, 2008

Jacob Recommends

We've been having a Weelicious week (see previous post), trying out new recipes. Jacob is gobbling everything up with gusto! He's had Polenta Balls, Shepherd's Pie (I made this without meat and substituted veggie broth), Lara Bars and mini wheat bagels. Yummy!

Jacob refused his afternoon nap again the past two days, so I am starting the transition to one nap a day. We have also been pushing his bedtime back to gear up for the time change. Last night he went to bed at 7:30 and got up at 6:30. We're getting there! Hopefully doing both at the same time won't create disaster, but what can ya do?

I had an OB appointment on Monday and all is well. I am measuring right where I should be and we heard the heart beat loud and clear. The doctor found it right away and it was very loud. Even he looked surprised. We also heard lots of swish-swishing and he said, 'You've got one active kid there!' :) Since everything is going well and I haven't had any spotting for over a week, I don't have to go back for another month.

This month instead of a normal Moms' Night Out for the Mom2Mom group, I decided to plan a service project instead. Our church is focusing on support for a local pregnancy resource center during the month of October, so I thought it would be fun to make fleece tie blankets for the moms and their new babies. I had never done this before, but found some instructions on the web and it looked pretty simple. I figured I better try it beforehand so the other day I made one.



It certainly won't win any awards, but it will keep a baby warm. :P

2 comments:

Steven, Sara, Zachary and Andrew said...

Glad everything is good with baby and you don't have to go back for another month! Good luck with the nap transition, it may go smoother than you think! Maybe he'll start sleeping in till 8 :)

Jessica said...

The blanket is cute! I love those kind too, they are so warm and cozy :)

I'm glad all is well with the baby :)