Jacob decided not to nap and I really wanted to get the bathroom cleaned, so I decided to try. Bad idea! The bathroom looked like it got t.p'ed. Jacob unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper! I spent most of the time trying to keep him from doing that and getting into the cleaning products and cabinets. Never again! But then he decided he wanted to go potty. Perfect. He could sit there and I could finish the cleaning. He sat and sat while I cleaned and cleaned. I heard a couple toots, but didn't think anything of it because he often does that. Then the smell just lingered! I peeked in the toilet and saw that he had pooped. Boy, was I shocked! He was his usual nonchalant self when I got all excited. He looks at me like, 'Duh, Mommy. That's what I am supposed to do, right?' So, yay for Jacob! He is still pretty inconsistent with going potty on the toilet, but often asks to sit there. He is still quite young, so I'm not pushing the issue, just letting him go at his own pace (excuse the pun).
Yesterday Isaac figured out how to do the army crawl. He was so proud of himself! He's been wanting to crawl in the worst way!
We got him on video crawling across his blanket after dinner last night.
Today while Jacob and I ate lunch, Isaac did his little army crawl around the kitchen. He would stop, look at us and just grin from ear to ear. So, so cute! Now it probably won't be long until he figures out how to get up on his hands and knees to crawl. Jacob has been showing him how. :D
Jacob came up to me yesterday afternoon with the pager from his doctor's kit. He handed it to me and pointed to his diaper, indicating that he wanted me to clip it on. As soon as I did, he went tearing off, obviously on a mission. He came back with his stethoscope around his neck. I just laughed and laughed!
Doctor Diaper
These pictures were taken a couple days ago. Jacob likes to park all his tractors on his couch, but the vacuum and lion were something new.
That couch was the best idea for a gift, I tell ya! Jacob plays on it every day and he and Isaac have both taken a nap or two on it. Yesterday at about 3:00 I saw Jacob laying on it with a blanket. I asked him if he was tired (remember he didn't nap) and he said, 'No.', but not a minute later I looked over and he was fast asleep. Wasn't it just last week that he took a two hour nap on it? I should write an Ode to the Kiddie Couch.
Last night Alan grilled us some burgers and corn on the cob. He tried a little trick he heard from America's Test Kitchen for making moist burgers and it worked. The burgers were really juicy! You mix a little bit of bread (I think he used about 1/4 of a hamburger bun) with a little bit of milk and mix that into the meat. Oh, and they recommend using 80/20 beef or you're burgers will be like hockey pucks. So, there is my tip-o-the day.
Now Alan's summer is officially over. He had his first class today. Those 4 months sure flew by!
1 comment:
Jacob sounds like he makes you laugh all the time. What a fun and cute kid!!
Post a Comment