Last night Alan and I went to the soup and bread dinner put on by the Faculty Club. Yup, just the two of us! My parents came over to watch the boys and put them to bed and I am so pleased to report that Isaac did AWESOME! He drank his entire bottle of milk and only cried for about 10 minutes after they put him to bed. Oh, that just makes me so, so happy!
I must not forget to mention how great Jacob did too. He doesn't always like having his jammies put on, but he did it very willingly for Boppa and Oma. My dad read about 8 books to him before bedtime and then he went to bed like a big boy and even slept in until 7:30 this morning.
My parents claim that they had more fun than we did, but I don't know. After not being able to go out for so long just the two of us, last night was sure a treat. Thanks Dad and Mom!!
3 comments:
yay! Hopefully there are more date nights in your near future :)
Awesome! I'm hoping to go on a date when my parents are in town in February. I can't wait!
That's awesome! There's nothing like getting a night out and not having to worry about the kids at home. Your parents rock.
Post a Comment