Friday, June 25, 2010

Swimming lessons

For the past 2 weeks, Jacob and I have been taking a Mommy and Me swimming class. I had no idea how he would do since he hadn't been in a pool much. He did great! I was impressed by how comfortable he was in the water and at how quickly he caught on to learning how to paddle his arms, kick his legs, jump in and go under water. He even swam with his face in the water and did a sit down dive. He had so much fun and would tell me several times a day that he was going to 'put on my swimsuit and go swimmin' lessons with mommy and Kimm (Mrs. Kimm)'. Every time we left he would say, 'That a fun place!'. Now I only wish we had access to a pool this summer so he could practice. He's a natural! Very unlike me who was in the beginners class for 3 years. The first year was just getting me to go in the water. I would kick and scream at every lesson. So glad Jacob didn't follow in my footsteps!

My mom came to a couple lessons, my dad came to one and Alan and Isaac came to one. Between all the visits, we got some pictures.

He also really loved to splash! The other mommies all had pretty dry hair at the end of class. Not me! I was completely drenched!


Practicing some skills - kicking and digging at the same time

kicking with a board (not his favorite thing to do!)

There were lots of pictures with either me or Jacob making strange faces

Me looking like I am singing with my eyes closed and Jacob looking like I sound awful. 'Oh Mommy. Please stop. You're hurting my ears!'

Jumping in! Jacob just loved to jump. 'I jump! I jump!' He had a little routine. He would get out of the pool, pull his shirt down and then jump up and down, 'I ready! I ready! I ready!' Then I would count to three and he would run and jump in.

Swimming to the side


Today was the last day and we attempted to get some shots of the little class sitting together on the bench. I took lots of pictures and in none of them were all four kids looking at the camera. :D

Jacob with his signature cheesy smile


Okay, I think we're done here!

I'm so glad we decided to take this class. Jacob did so well and it was really fun to see him enjoy swimming so much!

2 comments:

Sarah Schenkel said...

I love it! Hehe. Just remembering all the "Jacobisms" makes me laugh. He was such a good swimmer and loved it so much! I love your face when he's splashing. I think I made some of those same faces in our pictures. And I love the pictures of all 4 kiddos--I think yours turned out better than mine!

Two Guys and a Girl said...

Love it! I love that last picture. All the other kids are outa there and Jacob is still smiling his cheese smile. Too cute!