Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bye-bye, Rosie!


I am sad to report that one of my chickens, Rosie, went to chicken heaven this weekend.
Alan went out to the garden after church Sunday morning and came back in to tell me that one of the chickens died. Now every time I go out to the backyard or Alan comes in from the garden I am just so afraid of what we'll find. But so far Iris and Lily are acting totally normal and are both laying eggs on a regular basis, so I am hopeful that Rosie's death was just a fluke and not some contagious disease that the other two ladies will catch. We'd been thinking about getting a couple chicks this spring and now that we are down to just two chickens, I think that we will for sure get some more. At least I hope so.......

It was kinda funny that when my parents came over for lunch that day I was in the middle of shredding a big bowl of cooked chicken while I was telling them about Rosie. They both kinda looked at me like, 'Is that HER?!?'
And no, we did not eat her. We have no idea how long she was dead or what she died from. We don't want any icky chicky diseases!

1 comment:

Two Guys and a Girl said...

Sorry about Rosie :o( But I laughed really hard when I read the part about you telling your parents as you're shredding chicken. I can only imagine their faces!!