Friday, October 24, 2008

Market Night

Last night, on a whim, Alan and I took Jacob to Market Night. Alan suggested it at dinner, so I left the dirty dishes (gasp. I never do that!) and we headed downtown to check out all the interesting booths. Jacob had a blast, of course, since he loves to watch people. He even 'sang' with one of the street performers. The Humane Society is always there with animals they are hoping to adopt out, so we went over to pet the doggies and kitties. Jacob is so funny with animals! He stood by a big dog and petted it, only letting out one little yelp. He does this funny little yelp when he gets freaked out by an animal. But when we looked at the kittens, the tiny little kitties, he acted all silly. He would touch the kitten and then turn away really quickly. Pet it and turn away. Even when I was holding the cat he would do it. We were laughing so hard! Later we went to see the horse that gives the carriage rides. A big ole horse and Jacob was perfectly fine with it. He touched its nose and played with the blinders. Guess the bigger the animal, the less scary it is for Jacob. :P We ended our adventure by getting a pumpkin spice cupcake to eat while we watched 'Survivor'. Yummy!

Jacob is finally getting in one of his top teeth. It broke through on Wednesday and he was pretty sad. He cried for about an hour straight in the afternoon. So sad! I gave him Tylenol and some teething gel, but he was still hurting. I tried giving him his little frozen dragonfly toy and he threw it on the ground. I froze a washcloth for him to chew on and he threw it on the ground. I tried holding him and he got mad and tried to squirm away. I tried giving him his favorite toys and he threw them down. But then, as fast as it came on, he was a happy little guy again and yesterday and today, so far, he has been fine.

A couple pictures from this week

Jacob loves playing with the calculator. Hopefully he'll be good at math like his Daddy!




He loves trying to squeeze in tight places. He'll squish himself past the step stool and go all the way to the back wall. Then he'll get stuck and we have to rescue him.



One week until the big ultrasound! We are hoping to find out the gender, if the baby cooperates. This time I don't have a *feeling* about what it is. With Jacob I just knew, practically from the beginning. Anyone care to hazard a guess?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hmmm, I'm guessing a girl, but since I'm pretty much always wrong that probably means it's a boy ;)

Sheila said...

I'm going to have to say a boy. For some odd reason I had already convinced myself that it was for sure a boy. So, I'm going to say that I'm "feeling this one!"