Friday, January 30, 2009

Mystery Solved

So it was teeth that was keeping Jacob up in the middle of the night. He seems to have deviated from the normal pattern of tooth eruption. He had 2 teeth on the bottom and 2 on the top and normally the four teeth next to those come in next and that was where I was looking. Yesterday while I was holding him, he leaned back and laughed and I saw a little flash of white way in the back of his mouth. A molar! He is getting one on each side on the top and one is about to pop through on the bottom. No wonder he was so upset! I feel like the most awful mother because Wednesday night when he woke up at 12:30 I just let him cry it out for an hour. Nice, huh? I almost cried yesterday when I thought of my poor little guy crying because he was in pain and I was just going in there periodically to tell him to go back to sleep. He just wanted his mommy to make him feel better. :( Guess that probably won't be my last or even my worst mistake.

Yesterday Jacob and I hung out at the new house all morning while we had one of the ceilings re-plastered and we waited for the tile company (more on that later). Jacob had a couple moments of upset (tantrums) and both ended in him getting hurt. One time he fell flat on his face and got a bloody nose and the other he fell forward into the rocking chair and got a bump on his eye. He was really a sight yesterday! I didn't bring a change of clothes so we were both a little blood spattered.

Update on the upstairs bathroom tile floor: The tile company has been out twice to try to fix the floor and it still looks like poop. The problem is that some of the grout lines are thicker than others. The manager came out to see it yesterday and said the floor is too uneven and that makes the tile sit on it unevenly. Well, why weren't we told this before you did it?? Grrrrrrr. They are going to tear out the tile and re-do it, first making the floor more even. I am glad they are rectifying it, but we just lost all that time. I think we are going to end up moving in before that bathroom is complete. It shouldn't be too bad. We do have another bathroom. It only has a shower though, so I guess Jacob will be getting sponge baths or bathing in the kitchen sink. :P

Belly pic 34/35 weeks ~ This is a pretty hideous picture - I look a little like a deer in the headlights with a plastic grin


Tonight Alan and I are going out to LA for dinner and a concert. Before the concert we are going to an antique hardware store. It is an interesting place. They have rows and rows of old doorknobs, window latches, light fixtures, etc, etc. You just paw through all the stuff looking for something to match the hardware in your old home. When you are done your hands are all dirty (they do provide hand wipes)! We have just a few things to look for and figured this was the perfect time to go since the concert is really close by and doesn't start until 9:30.

This is a picture of the hardware store, just so you can get an idea of how much stuff they have!


Jacob is going to Grandpa and Grandma's while we are galavanting in LA. He is even going to spend the night. Hopefully he has a good night!

3 comments:

Julie said...

what a cool store to visit!
and I'm glad it was only his teeth. It's great when mysteries like that are solved.

Anonymous said...

I would love to go to that store. I remember you telling me about it. When Mark Kimm tiled our floor he said he had to make it even first and I thought that maybe it was overkill - guess not! I drive by the house every once in awhile and i just haven't done it at a time you are there. I'll keep trying! (and you are a very good mommy and unfortunately, we don't always know when and where it hurts....)

Patty said...

Perhaps we should have had Mark Kimm lay our tile! Funny thing is that while the manager was telling me they would probably have to rip up what they did, Mark was there re-plastering our ceiling. He was probably thinking he could do a better job on the floor than those dudes!