Friday night Alan and I watched 'Slumdog Millionaire' after the boys went to bed. I actually stayed awake for the entire movie. A miracle these days!
Saturday morning Alan went to graduation while the boys and I just hung out at home. Jacob was a bit of a pill, being kindof a whiny pest. I was looking forward to his nap when I would get a little break, but he didn't feel a nap was necessary. :P Fortunately my brother Mike came over to use our scanner and entertained Jacob for a while. As soon as Isaac woke up from his nap we all headed over to my parents'. My mom wanted a sandbox for the boys so we got her one for Mother's Day. We aren't into traditional gifts, I guess - chickens and a sandbox. Ha Ha! Anyway, they filled it on Saturday and wanted Jacob to come over and play. Fine by me! Isaac ate when we got there, so Alan and I felt it was safe to leave for a bit and run some errands. Then we picked up some pizza and brought it back to my parents' for a little impromptu pizza party. Jersey's pizza is SO good!
I already told yesterday's story and all its drama. :P
Today Alan spent the day making a little play yard for the chickens. First he set up a makeshift one so Jacob could play with them in the morning and after lunch he made the real deal. Its pretty cool! I am sure our chickens are the envy of all chickens. I was super surprised that Jacob wanted to go in the pen with the chickens and when he got in there, he didn't freak out at all.
Watching chickens is a serious business
You'll notice that Jacob seems to have lost his pants again. He went in the semi-emptied pool and got soaked! Isn't he cute in his hat? This is the cap he'll actually keep on his head. He wanted to wear it to church yesterday and he kept it on the entire time. Amazing!
My little chickies are getting so big!
This is the play pen Alan made from scrap boards. Its moveable so we can put it where ever we want to.
For dinner we did some grilling and this time everyone was happy so we were able to eat outdoors. About a month ago, we attempted to, but Isaac didn't want to. :P
Jacob enjoying his dinner
Isaac hanging out in the bouncy seat while we ate
Jacob wasn't terribly interested in sitting in his seat to eat. There were just too many more fun things to do. He was still hungry, though, and kept coming back to the table to graze. Here he was eating some food he spilled on the pine cone. Oh yummy!
After dinner Jacob played some more with the chickens and actually touched one on his own. I think it surprised him a little that he did it because he jerked his hand back and started giggling. It was so cute! I wish I had captured it on video.
Watching chickens is way more fun than watching TV!
No comments:
Post a Comment