Monday, May 25, 2009

You can't ride in my red wagon......

The wheels are broken and the axel's saggin'.

Remember that song? Well, the wheels and axels on our car (a red Focus wagon) are fine, but we can't start it! Yesterday evening proved interesting. Alan and I dropped the boys off at my parents' so they could watch them while we went to the Commencement Cooler. The plan was that after we were done partying, I would drop Alan off at home so he could get his car and go to church to take offering and I would go pick up the boys from my parents'. All went well until we tried to leave the party and couldn't get the key in the ignition. We finally did and I should have left the car running while I grabbed my purse from the house and just let Alan use my keys, but I didn't. I couldn't get the car started again, so I told Alan to go to church and hurry back so we could pick up the boys. When I called my mom to tell her what was going on, I could hear Isaac crying. He wouldn't take the bottle. I gave my mom a couple hints (which didn't work) and quickly called Alan to tell him to hurry, hurry, hurry because Isaac was HUNGRY! Thankfully, my mom was able to calm and distract Isaac and he didn't scream too much while he waited for me.

We still can't get the car started, but can at least get the key in the ignition. Alan is going to keep trying to get it started and if he succeeds, he'll leave the key turned on and just disconnect the battery. Our hope is that we can avoid having to get the car towed to the repair shop! Hopefully we can get it in tomorrow and they can get it fixed that day. The two door Focus (our other car) is not really very convenient with the two boys. Ah well. I wanted to bring the car to the dealership to have them give it a tune-up and check it out before our trip up north next month, so now that can get done too. I just hope the repair work doesn't cost too much!

The rest of the weekend has been fun. Stay tuned for a post about the good stuff! :D

No comments: