I've been teaching Jacob the sign for 'thank you' and today he used it. One of the Baby Boot Campers was sharing her snack with Jacob (She really had no choice. He was pretty much begging) and I told him to say thank you. He did the sign! Yay. Then at lunch he signed for a drink, I gave it to him and he signed 'thank you' totally unprompted! That's the stuff that makes a mommy proud. Sometimes you wonder if your kid is really listening and paying attention, and then they totally surprise you. :D
And can I just say 'thank you, God' that today has been better than yesterday so far?? Yesterday afternoon was just one of those times when you wonder if you are cut out for this parenting business. Jacob wouldn't nap and his yelling woke up Isaac and both of them ended up being high-maintenance. Jacob was being so naughty! He would NOT sit for his time out. He just kept getting up time after time after time. That had never happened before, even when we first started doing time outs. And while I was trying to continuously put him back on his 'naughty step', Isaac was crying. It is not easy to hold an infant and keep a defiant toddler on a step. I am so thankful that Alan came home because I think I would have lost it. Anyway, Jacob and Isaac are both napping now and I am hoping that them getting sleep will make for a more pleasant afternoon.
This morning right after I fed Isaac at 5:30, he laughed! It was so cute!! After I got up later I started doubting myself, though. Maybe I was just dreaming. It was early and I was tired after all. I looked in the baby book to see when babies start laughing and it is right around his age, so now I know he did for real. Can't wait to hear it again. Music to my ears!
1 comment:
Isn't it great that after such a lousy day God sends the gift of an infants laugh? It always seems to work that way.
Post a Comment