Monday, August 16, 2010

Birthday party

Yesterday we had lunch at my parents' to celebrate August birthdays - Jacob and Jennifer (my brother Mike's girlfriend). Jacob was so excited for chocolate cake! He's been talking about his chocolate birthday cake for weeks now. He wanted chocolate ice cream too, but we had to draw the line and stuck with vanilla. :P

Jacob loves Thomas the Train right now so I decided to attempt a simple Thomas cake. Please don't mock. I know it isn't going to win any awards, but it was made with love and Jacob thought it was cool. :P

Getting ready to blow out the candles.

Yup. He's licking the plate. That's my boy!!

That's some good cake!

The birthday girl!!

We gave Jacob a new bike - one with training wheels. Oh my, he seems so much like a big boy now.

Love this picture!!

We actually bought the bike last weekend and had Jacob try it out. These next two pictures are from his test ride.

I love this one with Alan explaining to Jacob how to ride it and Jacob's hand on Alan's shoulder. So precious!

Back to Sunday......
Isaac had some fun playing in the dirt.

And the sign of a good party - a major crash out when you get home.

Isaac refused a nap at my parents' so we left a little early in hopes of getting him to take a little cat nap. He fell asleep in the car and I just plopped him on the kiddie couch when we got home. He barely stirred.

Tomorrow is Jacob's actual birthday. I can't believe he is going to be 3!!

3 comments:

Two Guys and a Girl said...

Happy Birthday to Jacob!! The cake looks great!!

Steven, Sara, Zachary and Andrew said...

Great cake! Zach was walking by when I was looking at it and immediately stopped - very excited Jacob got a Thomas cake! Happy Birthday, Jacob!

Jessica said...

I think your cake is cute! Good job :)

I love Jacob's new wheels.... fun fun :)

That last picture cracks me up, Ethan has never fallen asleep on a couch.