A before picture
After they poured the curbs and before they started hauling out all the dirt
I like the curvy curb

We had them pour some curbing by the back door too. For some reason when the previous owners had the curb poured around the entire backyard, they skipped the parts on either side of the porch and just lined that area with some pavers. We didn't like it.
Now I like this! It looks more finished to me.

The cement mixer. The boys thought it was pretty cool to watch the guys working with this thing.
Then they started hauling out the dirt. Wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow full of dirt!
Mt. DeWeerd
Then they brought in a skid loader to haul it all away. I think they took away 3 dump truck loads!
The boys were plastered to the window watching the big tractor. Please excuse the dirty, finger-printed window. Man, that looks awful!!
The next day the fill was delivered. This is the stuff they put down under the pavers. It came in these huge metal bins on a huge flatbed semi-truck that pretty much took up the whole street in front of our house.
The boys thought the forklift was pretty cool too!
It took them all day to get that stuff in and compacted.
The big things sticking up are the footings for the pergola that Alan is going to build.
Can I just say that I am SO glad we didn't decide to tackle this project ourselves? So far it has taken over a week with at least 2 guys working, some days with 4 guys and they aren't even done yet! This would have taken us forever, especially because these guys know exactly what they are doing. Some things are just better left to the professionals!
Stay tuned for pictures next week when the project is complete. I can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment