Saturday, August 14, 2010

First sleepover

Last night Jacob and Isaac spent the night at my parents'. This was Isaac's first overnight stay and we were all just hoping he would sleep well. He did fine. He slept about as well there as he does here, waking up at 5:00. But then he crashed out from 6:30-8:00, sleeping on the floor. Stinker!

As always, the boys had a ton of fun at Boppa and Oma's!

They did some playing - Jacob looks pretty intense here

Some reading

Some drooling (that smile is so big you can see his molars!)

Some dancing (a favorite thing to do at Boppa and Oma's)

Helping Boppa - here Jacob is cleaning off the trailer so my dad and Alan could pick up the wood for our pergola.

Can you tell by the excitement on Isaac's face that he had a GREAT time?? He was so mad when we had to leave. As I was pulling away, Isaac was crying and Jacob was saying, "Be happy. Be happy, Isaac.'


The boys had fun and so did Alan and I. He was at a conference in Pasadena the end of this week (he came home every evening) and had a dinner last night, so after he got home at 8:30 we went to The Farm for dessert and wine. I can't remember the last time I left the house at that time! We enjoyed a delicious chocolate ganache cake, some great wine and conversation. We almost closed the place down. :)
This morning we got to sleep in and eat a leisure breakfast. So nice! I didn't pick the boys up until about 3:00 this afternoon so I had lots of time for errands and chores.
Thank you Dad and Mom for taking the boys and letting Alan and I have a night/morning/afternoon to ourselves. :D

No comments: