Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Way to go, Isaac!

We aren't officially potty-training Isaac, but when you've got one toddler potty training and another curious toddler running around checking things out, you just go with it. We give Jacob a candy after he goes potty and Isaac figured that out really quickly. Now when we are in the bathroom he says, 'Canny, canny, canny!' I felt it wasn't fair that Jacob was getting all this candy, but it wasn't fair to give Isaac a candy for not doing anything, so I started sitting him on the potty chair, fully clothed. He couldn't get a candy until he sat for a bit on the potty. Then we started sitting him on the toilet with no diaper on to see how that would go. He doesn't fight it, so we do it as often as we can.


He's getting the concept. Yesterday he told me he was 'stinky' so I checked his diaper and he was wet. Good. Good. Then about 10 minutes later he told me he was 'stinky' and he had a dirty diaper. I guess I should have put him on the toilet after he told me the first time to see if he would go on the potty!

1 comment:

Sarah Schenkel said...

Awesome! Way to go, Isaac! And I love the curtains for the French doors.