Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dentist visit

Jacob went to the dentist for the first time last week. He did okay, but he did NOT want to lay back on the chair when they put it all the way back, so I had to hold him on my lap while the dentist checked and cleaned his teeth. Then he did really well, but it was so sad when his little eyes just welled up with tears while we were asking him to lay back on the chair.

This photo is of bad quality, but I am posting it because it is so cute. He was pretty happy to get a balloon, a new toothbrush AND stickers!
Here he is saying, 'Ahhhhhhh'

This picture kinda shows how he really felt about the visit.

Jacob is missing two teeth - one on either side of his front bottom teeth. His dentist said he probably wouldn't have permanent teeth there either and depending on how his other teeth come in, we can either do braces to push them all together, or implants. Guess we'll just wait and see. She did say that missing teeth can be a sign of a bigger problem, but she isn't concerned about Jacob because he has a lot of hair and sweats. I was like, 'Wha???' That seemed so strange to me so I googled it. Guess there is a syndrome that causes missing teeth, sparse hair and an inability to sweat. Well, we've all seen the mop on Jacob's head and he sweats like a little piggy so I am sure he is fine.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Way to go Jacob! I so totally need to take Ethan!

I can't wait to see pics of your finished patio, how exciting!!!