Jacob has been cracking us up lately and I need to write these down before I forget them.
A lot of times I just can't quite understand what he is saying so I ask him to repeat, repeatedly. Sometimes after about the fourth try, I give up and just say, 'Uh huh.'. He totally calls my bluff! He seems to know when I didn't really get it, so he says, 'What did Jacob SAY??' So I have to confess and say, 'I don't KNOW!'
A new phrase he uses a lot, 'I need a little help here.'
I'll probably get in trouble down the line for telling this story, but it is too funny to pass up sharing. One day when Alan was sitting in the bathroom while Jacob was going potty, Jacob looked down and said, 'That's my peanut.' Well, Alan just busted up laughing so hard that Jacob knew that was wrong, so he said, 'What IS IT? What IS IT?' So Alan told him it was his PENIS. He called it his peanut for a while, but now he's got it right. ;)
When Jacob does stickers, he always peels off the background around the stickers first. The other day while he was eating lunch, he was peeling his grapes (he always does that, not sure why) and told me he was peeling off the background. He does it with blueberries too.
Last week he was looking in the fridge while I put groceries away and this is what he told me (or pretty close - it was long and I may not have all the details right): 'I like these eggs from the chickens. We get the eggs from the chickens and then we cook them and eat them. Then we go potty, wash our hands and get candy. Then we do stickers (his potty sticker chart). Then we watch T.B. (tv) and then we turn it off and go bye-bye.' Whew. This kid can talk!
The other night we had roasted beets and goat cheese for dinner. After taking the first bite of the cheese, Jacob said, 'mmmmm, creamy'.
His new word is patiently (patient-wee). Guess we've been saying that a lot. The other day when Isaac was whining before lunch, Jacob told him, 'We need to wait patient-wee, Isaac. We need to wait patient-wee'. Carefu-wee is another one he uses a lot. 'I do it 'carefu-wee' Mommy.'
He also likes the word 'perfect'. 'I lined 'em up, Mommy. They are just perfect. Everything is perfect.' Hmmmmm.....where did he get that from?
And lest we forget how funny he is, today Jacob went around saying, 'I'm funny! I'm funny!'
No comments:
Post a Comment