Friday afternoon my Grandma and Aunt came over for a visit. Again, Jacob was a little apprehensive about new people, but soon was having them read to him and playing with his toys.
Reading with Aunt Kris (my dad's sister)
Jacob wanted Great-Grandma to play on the floor with him
On Saturday my brothers had us all over to their house for a bbq. It was a beautiful afternoon and everyone (especially those from cold Michigan) enjoyed hanging out in the backyard.
Isaac hanging out with Aunt Sandi (my mom's sister) - I love how he has his head resting on his arm
And with Great-Grandma
There are lots of interesting things at the uncles' house!
Jacob checking out the bull skull
Relaxing with a snack
Jacob always points to where he wants you to sit. Here he is telling someone (probably one of his uncles) that he wants them to sit by him
Jeff showing us his talent of spool walking
My dad had to give it a try too. I have a video that I will have to post later. We were all holding our breath, but fortunately there were no injuries.
Uncle Mike showing Jacob a dandelion
Taking a bite out of an orange with Uncle Jeff. Jacob was fascinated by the citrus and was covered in sticky juice. He did smell yummy, though!
Sunday morning Isaac was baptized and it was so nice to have family here to celebrate with us!
Jacob did NOT want his picture taken, so this was the best we could do - Snack Trap and all. :P
For some reason this little baptism outfit causes little boys to raise their left foot. We'll have to look back at pictures of my brothers (the original wearers of this outfit) to see if they did the same. :D
Isaac
Jacob
Last week we gave Isaac his first bath in the tub. I was surprised at how quietly he sat through the whole thing. Jacob HATED his first bath and screamed the entire time.
Isaac's first bath
Jacob's first bath
Yesterday when my mom and grandma were over for a visit, we put Isaac down on the floor for some tummy time. We were surprised when he rolled over not once, but twice! I'll have to look up when Jacob did that, but I am pretty sure it wasn't at 3 weeks.
4 comments:
That is hilarious about the left foot thing!! That's so neat to see your boys wearing the same baptism outfit as your brothers. What a great tradition!
How funny all the boys and the left foot. That is something interesting! As for milestones I have noticed that there is a 3-6 week difference in milestones between the first and second. Aubree did everything much earlier then her brother I think htye feel the need to be like the older one or just to keep up with thier sibiling.
Woah, rolling over already huh? haha. Ethan didn't do that until 4 months.
All of these pictures are so beautiful - they make me want to cry. How awesome to have four generations together. your boys are beautiful.
Post a Comment