My Mother's Day started with yummy bagels that Jacob and Alan got yesterday. They went on a bike ride and stopped at The Bagel Peddler. When they came home Jacob found me and handed me the bag. He was so proud! Later in the morning I noticed a pretty bouquet of yellow roses on the table. Alan cut them from one of our bushes and they smell heavenly.
After church my parents and brothers came over for lunch and Alan grilled us up a Latin American feast. We had steak, shrimp, sausages, beans, rice and plantains. So yummy! I was so stuffed, but managed to find room for the cherry dessert and ice cream that my mom brought over. Needless to say, I am not eating dinner tonight. :P
After dessert, the Mother's Day gifts were presented and I was very surprised to learn that my boys are getting me some chickens! I have been wanting to raise some for a while now and this yard is perfect for it. We are waiting to get the chicks until July when we return from a trip to Napa. That way nobody has to care for them while we are gone and it gives Alan some time to build their coop and for me to read the book 'Chickens in Your Backyard: A Beginner's Guide' that the boys got me to prepare for my new brood.
I've done a little research on chicken breeds and I hope to get Buff Orpingtons which are known to be nice, docile chickens, perfect for families. Can't wait until we get some eggs!

Me with my precious boys
A little brotherly love
2 comments:
Those roses are beautiful! How fun that you'll have chickens and fresh eggs in your backyard!
Isaac looks so cute and chunky in that picture, hehe. He is getting so big!
The boys are so cute! My in laws have chickens on the orchard and its great to have fresh eggs.
Post a Comment