Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pictures of the week

Isaac is LOVING the goggles from Jacob's new tool kit. 'Goggos! Goggos! On! On!'

I think he was trying to get a better look at them, but didn't 'get it' that they were stuck to his face!

I watched Luke D.B. on Tuesday and the boys all had a BLAST!! I think sometimes it is less work when there is another kiddo around because my boys are so preoccupied with the new person that they forget to annoy each other.
We played outdoors for a little while in the morning, but by 10:00 it was already pretty stinkin' hot so we headed indoors. The boys were dirty and sweaty so I threw swim dipes on and let them play in the tub to cool and rinse off.
Rub a dub-dub three (pale, blonde) boys in a tub

We may have had hot, hot weather this week, but this is what we harvested - a pumpkin and some apples. Go figure!

Jacob is kinda over the sticker phase and is now in a coloring phase

He loves to peel the wrappers off all the crayons

In hopes that Isaac would sleep better, we pushed his blanket and some stuffies on him. We kept showing him how to snuggle them and he got it. Not sure if it helps him to sleep in longer, but he now loves his blanket, monkey and doggie and when we mention night-night time he right away asks for them. He often wants to haul them all downstairs with him in the morning too and the other morning he asked for them while he was sitting in his booster seat reading Curious George. I think he was tired or something.
Look at all the emotions he went through in just a couple minutes. Whew!




These are called Harlequin bugs and they invaded our garden this week. Alan did find some organic stuff he would spray on them and it did get rid of them pretty quickly, but not before destroying all plants in the cabbage family. Boo on them!!

We played in the water beach ball the other night after dinner. Really the only time we could play outdoors this past week was early in the morning or after dinner because any other time was WAY too hot! After they were done playing in the water, they both wanted to swing with their towels on. Jacob ditched his before I could get a picture.

Looks like most of these pics were of Isaac. Oops! Sorry, Jacob. I'll get some more of him next week!!

3 comments:

Two Guys and a Girl said...

So cute! I love the one of Isaac trying to get a better look at the goggles! :o)

Sarah Schenkel said...

Are they called Harlequin bugs because they like to get it on? Looks like all of them have another one attached to them. Hehe!

Patty said...

I think you're right, Sarah! They were all like that. Nasty!